Clinching and Piercing Press Units
Our modular concept for handheld-, machine- and robotic press units provides you with ample freedom to match these TOX units to your parts and handling equipment. Custom models are available. We provide solutions to your application and quality assurance requirements with a clearly defined interface.
Press unit drives: specially designed hydraulic cylinders with absolute air/oil separation for hydraulic fast/power strokes and pneumatic return stroke. The pressure for these cylinders is generated by a TOX pneumohydraulic intensifier type ES. Pressure can also be supplied by a conventional hydraulic power unit. Or, with our pneumatic operated TOX Powerpackage cylinder.
A TOX punch stripper is always integrated.
The punch and the die position can be interchanged in special executions, e.g., if difficult accessibility to the joint location makes this necessary.
TOX supplies specially developed Process Monitoring Systems, which help you to check and document your quality control requirements.
Procedure for selecting a TOX press unit for a clinching application:
1. Send us samples of your material and we will prepare a TOX test report for you. This report contains all the necessary data and guarantees for the tested TOX joint.
2. Determine pressing and stripping forces according to the test report.
3. Check parts and fixtures for proper clearance.
4. Select type of drive.
5. Determine stroke.
6. Decide whether a process monitoring system is required.
7. Discuss your press unit pre-selection with TOX.
Special considerations for punching, marking or similar tasks need to be taken into account.