Tool Selection List
Selection of TOX joining point diameter and strength values
Only TOX offers the safe way for the application of the sole clinching technology with warranty. For each case of application there is provided:
1. the TOX Test Report containing all data for TOX application with warranted strength data for the TOX point;
2. the TOX Tool Passport accompanying each tool supply as information for your production and maintenance departments;
3. the TOX Data Sheet with updating system kept in our office for your TOX application, containing all information and technical modifications reported to us. A quick advising by our indoor and field service is therefore possible.
Piecepart tests and pilot series for test purposes can be made in our experimental laboratory against a participation in cost price. You are invited to visit us with your pieceparts.
Basis: Test reports of already approved material combinations.
1. Find out the TOX point diameter with the help of the actual total thickness of the metal sheets, or find a sheet metal combination corresponding or similar to yours.
2. Compare the strength data of the list with your load requirements.
3. With the help of the stated test report number you ask TOX for the complete test report containing all data regarding the required TOX joining.
Basis: There does not exist a test report for material like yours and you wish to get a test report using your original material or piecepart. We then need a Test Order.
1. Print the test order.
2. Complete the test order with all your data.
3. Provide the test material.
4. Send the test order and test material to TOX PRESSOTECHNIK. You will then receive a TOX Test Report with micrograph and all data relevant to your application, for example, denomination of tool, control dimension “X”, shear and tensile strengths, stripping and pressforces etc. ascertained with your materials.