Heavy Duty Sheet Metal Joining
TOX Vario Joint I
Applications and advantages:
- Joining of sheet metals with large differences in thickness.
- Joining of a non-ductile or high tensile strength sheet metal material with a ductile one, e.g. joining of sheet metal and cast steel / spring steel combinations.
- Joining of sheet metals with non-metallic materials (e.g. plastics, elastomers, paper, cardboard).
- Simple joining of high strength materials.
- Increased tool life.
- Reduced press force / stripper force.
Heavy Duty Sheet Metal Joining Process Characteristics:
- Requires hole on the die side material.
- Only one sheet metal layer is formed.
- Ability to absorb both radial and axial forces.
- Requires low joining forces.
- Requires exact positioning of the assembly components.
- Multipoint capability.