The special advantage of this pneumatic rivet tool is its simple, symmetrical and inexpensive rivet. This provides for a trouble-free feeding and pressing operation. The materials to be joined gain an additional retaining member. A clean and highly repeatable joint is created. Its Multipoint capability increases the cost advantages.
Due to the filling of the clinched joint with the ClinchRivet®, the strength of the joint increases considerably, and especially the shear strength. The ClinchRivet® is considerably stronger than common pierce rivets and is especially appropriate for use with thin sheet metals.
- very high retention forces
- symmetrical rivet geometry, thus jam-free feeding and high productivity
- lower investment cost than for pierce rivets
- simple quality control by measuring the "X" dimension
- no cutting of the punch or die side sheet metals
- no mechanical notch effect, high dynamic capability
- no damage to surface coating
- no slugs produced during process
- higher process reliability even with unfavorable production conditions, e.g. application with gaps and adhesives between layers
- automated process and monitoring is possible
- multipoint capability